Building Permits & Licenses
Building Permit Application
A building permit is required for all construction, repair and alteration on your property, including driveways, sidewalks, patio slabs, fences, decks, steps, porches and storage sheds. To apply for a building permit, complete a Building Permit and return the form to City Hall. Depending on what you wish to do, you may or may not need to wait for a monthly Council meeting to have your application reviewed. We can step you through the process at City Hall.
Please keep in mind that this form is an application only; your permit must be approved before you begin work on your project.
Please note the following as they relate to our building permit process:
- The current Building Permit fee is $50 plus .2% of the total project cost.
- If you wish to have your permit considered at a regular council meeting (second Wednesday of every month), the permit application must be submitted to City Hall no later than one week prior to the meeting.
- If your building project involves requesting a variance to build closer to the property line than is allowed by City Code, you will be required to have a property survey completed by a licensed surveyor.
- The cost for a Variance Hearing at a regular council meeting is $250.
- The cost for a Variance Hearing at a special meeting is $350.
- Not sure if you need a building permit for your project? Stop by City Hall or give us a call at 507-442-7891.