Edgerton Public Library
The Edgerton Public Library shares a building with Edgerton City Hall at 811 1st Ave West. It is one block west of Main Street between Maple and Howard Streets.
Stop by and visit the bright, spacious facility. There's something for everyone: cozy spots to read and relax; computers for research; and fun activities, spaces and materials for kids.
Monday = 9 AM to 5 PM
Tuesday = 9 AM to 5 PM
Wednesday = 9 AM to 7 PM
Thursday = 9 AM to 5 PM
Friday = 9 AM to 5 PM
Saturday = 9 AM to Noon
Sunday = Closed
The Edgerton Public Library is part of the Plum Creek Library System. Being part of this system provides access to additional materials from many other libraries in southwest Minnesota.
2023 Summer Schedule of Events:
* Summer Reading Program: will run all summer for all kids going into 1st through 12th grade. The program officially starts May 26.
* Story and Craft Time every Tuesday morning at 10am (NOTE: this is a change for summer from Thursdays to Tuesdays, as there are less summer rec events on Tuesdays)
* Testify: Americana from Slavery to Today exhibit: Edgerton Public Library will be hosting a traveling exhibit from May 16 – 31. The display will be a self-led visual exhibit including photographs of historical items and art collected by former Minnesota Supreme Court Justice and NFL Hall of Famer Alan Page, and his late wife Diane Sims Page. Their collection includes art and artifacts of race relations and representation in the 19th through 21st centuries.
* May 18 at 7pm: May Book Club Discussion: The book for May is "West with Giraffes" by Lynda Rutledge
* May 25 at 7pm: Trivia at Grey Wolf Banquet Room. May's co-host is J&K Auto Service.
* June 5 at 10am: Jolly Pops! The Jolly Pops are a children’s music and entertainment group. Their program involves music, movement and fun learning through experience. They have puppet friends in tow who often get in on the fun.
* June 15 at 7pm: June Book Club Discussion: Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger
* June 20 at 1pm: Healthy Living for your Brain and Body presented by the Alzheimer's Association.
* June 22 at 7pm: Trivia at Grey Wolf Banquet Room. Co-host TBD.
* July 19 at 3pm: Kids' Painting Party for 7-12 year olds. Space is limited, and registration is required.
* July 31-August 5: Missoula Children's Theatre putting on the play "Betty Lou and the Country Beast". Pre- registration is required by July 24. Forms at the library, or can be printed from the event found on our website.
* August 17 10am - 1 pm: Mobile Sign Program in the city park. Come and go program.
* August 17 at 7pm: August Book Club Discussion. Book TBD
* August 24 at 7pm: Trivia at Grey Wolf Banquet Room. Co-host TBD.